GDPR & IT ASSET DISPOSAL
GDPR or General Data Protection Regulations is the EU-driven, beefed-up version of the Data Protection Act, that come into force May 2018. Complying with GDPR should be at the top of your priority action list.
- All businesses that handle EU/UK personal data must be GDPR compliant, regardless of their location
- Failure to comply can result in massive fines of up to 4% of annual turnover or £20 million, whichever is greatest. (Not forgetting the fallout from bad PR, damage to your reputation and ultimately, loss of customers)
How does it affect me?
Most businesses tend to think GDPR only refers to personal data used for marketing and sales purposes, but…
- The GDPR definition of data processing is wide, and a major part of the GDPR includes the erasure and destruction of personal data
What does this mean for me?
Unwanted or redundant IT equipment such as PCs laptops, printers, mobile phones, servers, EPOS equipment, etc. need to be securely disposed of to ensure that any personal data held on those devices is completely destroyed.
- Finding a company to dispose of your redundant equipment can mean you need to follow an in-depth and lengthy audit trail on that company and your disposed equipment
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
Blackmore Ricotech has been involved in data destruction and secure IT disposal for over 20 years. We ensure that all IT equipment is disposed of safely and securely within the guidelines laid down in the GDPR.
- We audit so you don’t have to, providing you with certification as proof of compliance
- We are one of only a handful of U.K. IT Asset Disposal (ITAD) companies to be ADISA accredited, achieving their highest level of certification (Distinction with Honours)
- As an ICO accredited data processor we are qualified to handle and erase your data under the GDPR enabling you to meet your regulatory and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) requirements
Call or email today to discuss how we can help you prepare for the GDPR.
- COMPLETE AND IRRECOVERABLE DATA DESTRUCTION
- ON-SITE OR AT YOUR PREMISES IF REQUIRED
- ENVIRONMENTAL RECYCLING - ZERO WASTE TO LANDFILL
- ADISA ACCREDITED AND ENVIRONMENT AGENCY LICENCED
- FULL ASSET ELECTRONIC AUDIT AND TRACKING
- DATA PROTECTION ACT AND WEEE DIRECTIVE PAPERWORK SUPPLIED
To find out how BLACKMORE RICOTECH can manage your secure IT disposal, get in touch. Call 0800 880 3678 today
If you would like to be kept up to date with changes to Data Protection or WEEE legislation, together with other important information that could affect your business, why not subscribe to our newsletter service? Rest assured, we will not share your information with anyone else and you can unsubscribe at any time. To stay informed, simply enter your email address and click the SUBSCRIBE button.